Inspire High School Students
Become a mentor for a high school robotics team. Be a role model for local students as you guide them in building a robot for PiE’s Robotics Competition. Through our class, you’ll learn what you need to know to be a mentor and help build the robot.
List of Events
Events to Come
What You Will Learn
How to guide high school students in the robotics competition
How to work with the robotics kit
How to analyze and breakdown the competition
How to inspire high school students through STEM
- Enroll in our DeCal class for 2 units, P/NP.
- Choose to attend section on either (not both):
- Wednesday 7 PM - 9
- Saturday 1 PM - 3
- Meet with your team for two hours each week during our 9-week competition.
- Come to PiE Robotics Competition events at UC Berkeley on select weekend season events.
- Help students at worksessions at O'Brien Hall Breezeway (2nd floor).
- Check out our syllabus.
- Grab the CCN by coming to an infosession or attending the first day of class.
Mentoring for PiE is the perfect opportunity to gain teaching experience . . . and apply what I learned in my engineering classes at Cal.
- Jessica Miller, 2nd year, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
The smiles on my students' faces and their desire to participate next year made my PiE experience fulfilling.
- Albert Lu, 1st year, Bioengineering
I learned loads about robot design and . . . general engineering principles that I wouldn't have otherwise.
- Christian Pedersen, 1st year, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science